Silver Ribbon (Singapore) Youth Chapter (SRSYC), an initiative by Silver Ribbon (Singapore), is led by a group of passionate youths who aim to engage like-minded young people to make a difference and contribute to our society.Vision
To educate, engage, and empower youths to provide support for individuals with mental health issues.
To provide youths with the platform to:
- Combat mental health stigma by improving mental health literacy.
- Improve quality of life of individuals with mental health issues.
- Provide socioemotional support for individuals with mental health issues.
Individuals who exhibit hoarding behaviours could be living in homes that are so cluttered that they are unable to enter their homes and carry on with their lives normally. Hence, SRSYC offers decluttering services for these individuals so that they could have a more conducive living environment and move on with their lives.
Some consumers might be struggling alone with low or even no social support, hence, SRSYC offers befriending service for these individuals, providing them with a listening ear or company for their medical appointment.
SRSYC aims to combat mental health stigma and improving mental health literacy by organising or collaborating on outreach events and projects that help to spread awareness and knowledge.
Join us as a SRSYC Member or Volunteer!
Join us as a SRSYC member to enjoy the following benefits
- Invitation to
- mental health talks/training/workshops, and
- year-end appreciation gatherings
- Opportunity to join as sub-committee member
- Commit for one year
- Assist in befriending, decluttering, outreach events and ad-hoc projects
Join us as a SRSYC volunteer to enjoy the following benefits
- Invitation to orientation
SRSYC volunteers are required to
- Assist in decluttering, outreach events and ad-hoc projects